Sunday, July 15, 2012

Mary's Quilt



mayo foundation house


I got a phone call a couple months ago from a friend of mine. We worked together at the Mayo Foundation House in Rochester,Mn.  I was surprised when she called me to do a quilt for her.


I took her quilt over to mom&dad's and laid it out on their basement floor. Mary said she used all scraps for this project that it took her 2 yrs to finish. Not because the pattern takes two years but more so she's a busy gal. She only could put bits&pieces of time into it. it's PERFECT. All the points are perfect.. She does such good work.


So, I placed her quilt on 'betty' and away we went. It took me a shorter amount of time to quilt it than I thought. And wonderfully, nothing happened with my machine.. it ran very smoothly.



When I quilted it I went around the middle squares, then around the 2nd block and then around the outer block. I think it turned out rather nicely. I didn't want to take away from her design. 


Happy Sewing!!!
~Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave me a Message.. I would love to hear from you!!