Saturday, February 4, 2012

Yay!! Finally a WEEKEND off!!!!


Finally, after one hell of a week at the JOB.. I get a weekend off.. Oh what to do...

Day 28 of the Drop and give me 20 quilting challenge I got a little side tracked.. not by something sparkly but by an idea I'd had seen on pinterest.. Oh how I can spend hours on pinterest..   I went to the local 5&dime after work Thursday to pick out the border fabric for the Horse quilt.. The little lady who helped me was SO nice.. Armed with my fabric I headed towards the front to then get side tracked with the felt.. I saw these cute little heart bookmarks on Pinterest and thought ''I'm here, I should get this'' So...

 I made myself a little template out of some cardboard and away I went..  I don't know who I'll give them too.. I know a few people who still read actual books.. not just nooks. :)  I even hand embroidered them.. something I rarely do..  They are so so cute..              
Sew.. On day 27 of the Drop and give me 20 quilt challenge.. I was sitting in my sewing room in a bit of a funk.. You know what 'funk' you get into when you have things you SHOULD be doing but don't want to do them but yet don't really know what you WANT to work on???

Sew.. I went through my UFO box and found this wall hanging kit I've had FOREVER.. At first I wasn't really fond of the colors because they aren't colors that I would do.. you know? I switch out the drab purple they had in the kit for a more purple that I liked..  and started to sew, applique and quilt..



By 10ish I was done.. I even embellished it.. :) I have no idea where I'm going to put it or if it will be a gift but I got it done!!! I'm so proud of myself!! I even have a little hanger for it..

Now what to do today.. :-P I have the WHOLE day off.. Hubby it here too.. We don't have plans until this evening when we will go to T's for dinner.. I have a french silk pie to make.. if it works the Hubby will get one for his birthday coming up.. ;)

Happy sewing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Leave me a Message.. I would love to hear from you!!